GTX 560 dual fan Over heating issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
High never posted here wondering if ya'll could give me some help or advice.

I got this computer a year ago got the parts off of new egg. Had them sent to a friends house (he helped me pick out the parts) he put it together as he knows a lot more about them than I do. Then he sent it to me. Its great and has run perfectly till january of this year.

It started with Mechwarrior Online. When i played after about a week the computer did it the first time. The monitor suddenly went into sleep mode and the sound coming from the computer cut off except for some static. About a week later it started doing it every day when I played the game. So I stopped playing. Now it didn't do this with Any other game. And I have run skyrim at max settings with addons for hours without fault.

So this afternoon i started playing GW2 (another game i've played for hours without a problem before) played for a couple hours stopped, then played again a hour or so. Then it did just what it did in MWO. So i went internet surfing found a couple programs to monitor my computers temps and such. First one read the temp as 90c when i was playing. So i exited the game. Found some reviews of the monitor so i got CUPID Hardware monitor. It recorded much the same readings when u logged into the game Hawken. Just logged in and started it. Bam like 80c.

I took the graphics card out and blew out the card-didnt look to bad a few bunnies and such.

So any idea's? It seems really weird for it to go out after a year.

Oh and right now its running at 39c with just the internet browser (chrome) and a couple things open. Fans are reading at 1300rpm.

Any idea's? Because i really cant afford another GC and im not really all that computer litterate.

Thanks for any help you can think of.

D

Deleted member 362816

Download msi afterburner and post you temps after 30min or so of playing a game like skyrim

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Downloaded msi and played skyrim.

Fans are going full but the cards still running at around 79-85 c. Cooled down to 40-45 c after exiting out of the game. Had a weird graphics problem but im not sure if it was because of alt tabing out of the game to see what it said or heat.

D

Deleted member 362816

That's a bit hot for that hard. I would re apply the thermal paste or RMA the card

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Um first where do i get thermal paste and how do i apply it and what is RMA?

And thanks for the help btw!

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

LOL thanks found the video on my own before ya posted it thanks. :)

The warrenty i got was for 1 year from new egg. Its now over a year by like a week so that may not work.

D

Deleted member 362816

I would try the thermal paste route and see what it brings for temps.

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hmm. Set the fan speed to 94% and even with everything off but google chrome no games or such the thing still refused to get below 37 c.

D

Deleted member 362816

I need to know what you room temp is what case it is in and how many fans you have.

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
The case is a Antec 300 i think. Lots of room. One large fan in the top and another in the bottom are running. One doesn't but its never been needed. Other than that just the fans on the components.

The temperature yesterday was the same as outside 72 f. Today its cooler 40's and 50's outside maybe 65 inside. Its running a little cooler today at 30-34c. However, when i attempted to play warthunder the GPU temp shoots right up to the 80's and 90's when i get in a game, fan goes up it doesn't help. Exit out of the game the temp immediately comes down.

Of course i've had the computer function fine in the summer when the average temp in my room is around 75 so...

D

Deleted member 362816

I would send the card to be repaired. I do not see many more options

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Yea thats what I'm doing. Again thanks for all of your help. Seriously helped me get a grip on this.

D

Deleted member 362816

if you need more help feel free to pm me or repost. Make sure you select a best answer so this thread can be closed.

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Um how?

D

Deleted member 362816

Select solution on one of my answers

Belesari

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Can't there is no option to.

D