I have an Active Adapter and 3 montiors still won't work.

hugadoggie

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I've got an HP Windows7 64 bit desktop with an AMD ATI Radon 5570 graphics card (factory installed) that AMD says will support 3 monitors. I have 3 of the same monitors HP 2211x that are all on the same resolution settings. (I've turned them all up and down 10 times)

I have an ACTIVE adapter to convert Display Port (++ not that it matters) to a DVI as primary monitor- I have been able to get the desktop to extend or Eyefinity (in any combination) to ONE of the other two monitors available. But I cant' for the love of Pete get the blasted thing to do extend desktop or Eyefinity to all 3 at once. I've gone and restarted and unplugged the 2 other monitors and re-plugged them in one at a time. They are all recognized but won't display all 3 at once no matter what I do even all if they are set as duplicate displays.

It's acting like my adapter is not active- but the word is molded into the actual adapter and I paid $42 for the thing, which is advertised as being active and has good reviews too! It's not a mini, but a standard size DP. I have updated every driver and software and windows component for the entire PC 3 times over.

Before I loose my mind, does anyone have any ideas left?

OK what ports are the other two displays plugged into? I know on my Sapphire HD 6950 card I can't use both DVI ports. So for my Eyefinity setup I use two DisplayPorts + DVI + HDMI to my Panasonic 50" 3D Plasma so I have 3x Eyefinity on my 3 Asus 27" monitors and a single display on my Plasma. But if I were to try to use both DVI ports it would not work.

hugadoggie

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
My card has one DP I'm using with the active adapter to DVI, one HDMI I'm converting to a DVI, and one DVI I use as a DVI. No VGA at all. My card only has one DVI which I use as a DVI. It won't even extend the desktop there while the other two are plugged in. I would think if it were just an Eyefinity thing I could extend the desktop or at least duplicate it on 3 monitors at one time. ?

Xiceman007x

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Have you gone through and used the catalyst install manager to wipe out any drivers from an old GPU that might've been in that machine? I'm not saying you had a different card in there before on that OS, but if you did, that can do all kinds of screwball shtuff. If you did, make sure and uninstall any drivers related to old hardware in the catalyst install manager using the uninstall feature.

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I had a DUD active adapter with sent with my graphics card!!!!!! I had to get a new active adapter, then everything worked fine. So try a different active adapter - your one might be dud as well.

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I had a DUD active adapter with sent with my graphics card!!!!!! I had to get a new active adapter, then everything worked fine. So try a different active adapter - your one might be dud as well.

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

musicality

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013