Need help building Gaming Desktop...

qbanguy97

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hey guys. So i've been a console player for about two years now , and I would really like to switch to pc. I've been wanting to built my own gaming desktop , but i don't know anything about computers. I would like to run games like BF3 and Far Cry 3 on ultra , without trouble. I need you guys to help me select the parts of the computer. My budget is of $700 maybe $750 , i know its a little tight , but its all I have.
Thanks

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
if its power your looking for on a budget i would stick with an Amd system ,last year i built a good gaming rig that was fairly cheap its a Amd phenom II 4core 955 black edition on an asus board ,always try to stick with asus and Corsair components for there out and out relyability especialy corsair power supplys and asus motherboards and graphics cards witchever way you go with the cpu. corsair also has really exellent budget cases also.

qbanguy97

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hey riggie2014 , would you mind giving me the exact parts that I should buy ? Like I said , I really have no idea about computers. Thanks

coffeecoffee

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Hello qbanguy97,

For starters, what do you need for your PC? here is a check list:

PC (The physical computer)
Monitor:
Keyboard:
Mouse:
Speakers:
Headset:
OS (operating system):

Warmest Regards,

Coffee~

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
theres no one answer to that i can suggest things that i would buy but thats about all i can do theres quite a few options out there but here would be a good gaming rig "I" might consider in your situation:
(this is loosly put)
Amd: fx 4 core
Asus: am3 board thats core 6 or 8 core compatable (in case of upgrades)
Corsair power supply: 750watt (need 750watt and over for bigger graphics cards)
corsair vengance ram modules (good bang for buck)
asus radeon 7850
Corsair 400r case

all of that would be very cheap and wouldnt blow the budget you have set and would play any game ,also it would be asthecicaly pleasing and quite powerful.