Is it time to upgrade my computer?

Chicken-Select

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I bought a bare-bones kit about 2 years ago and I've been slowly but surely upgrading it one component a time. I think maybe I've hit the limit though. My question is: Is it time to upgrade something major? if so, what should be done? or am I good and just being dumb? Here's my computers current specs.

Ultra 550 watt PSU
AMD Phenom II x6 1100t @ 3.5GHZ (want to OC more when I get a better cooler)
8 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance (x2 4gb sticks)
XFX Radeon HD 7950 Double D edition (just got this, Also plan on OCing)
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard

I think my next upgrade is a better PSU soon, and an AMD FX 8350, or better yet further down the road go Intel core 17. Not positive what I really want to do yet. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. The reason I'm asking all this is because I want better performance. I just got an ASUS monitor and a lot of games don't play like I want them to while in 1080p. Crysis 3 and Day Z are pretty laggy, not terrible but not where I want them too be. Thanks! For more info just ask.

MrTechguy247

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
PSU First. cause if you overclock that is grabbing more power from your power supply that depending on what you. are looking to overclock to you may not have. after you get the PSU grab a cooler then you can overclock and get some more performance for the 1080p gaming. I think the FX 8350 would be a very big jump. so get the psu. overclock and see if a new CPU would be a next buy or if you want to get even more performance for the gaming, get a new graphics card. from here on out it is your choice.

Chicken-Select

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
But will the FX 8350 fit in my motherboard? I'd really think that would be my best bet. Because that would make my computer more future proof. That or another 7950 for crossfire. I'm not too big on overclocking, it kind of scares me! but I could always learn it. Problem is my motherboard is really confusing when it comes to overclocking.