AMD FX Microsoft Hotfixes fix problems

anubis44

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
I'm an AMD FX-8350 owner. I'm sure this has been covered to some extent already, but I wanted to relate a little experience I just had with these hotfixes.

Before I installed them, every time I tried to open my 'playback devices' in Win 7x64 to switch from speakers to headphones, or vice-versa, it would take literally over a minute from the time I right clicked on the speaker icon and selected 'playback devices' until the 'playback devices' dialog box opened. Nothing else ever showed such an obvious, ridiculous delay that I have seen, but that. But after installing the two Microsoft Hotfixes for AMD Bulldozer/Piledriver core parking (441065 and 441280), the 'playback devices' dialog box now snaps open as it should. I'm also noticing that certain other little delays/slowdowns are no longer happening.

I highly recommend them for AMD Piledriver users. Anybody else have specific examples of these patches helping their computing experience on these chips?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When I had a FX-8150 (with Win 7 x64), I applied the same hotfixes and saw virtually no change in performance. I never experienced the issues you described. I would attribute that "fix" to another driver or Windows update rather than the specific hotfixes.

Regardless, I am glad your performance has improved. Have fun!!!