Is pre-ordering Bioshock infinite a good idea

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
hey guys, i havent played the first Bioshock, however infinite comes with the original when you preorder it as well as TF2 stuff and (maybe) xcom,

tl;dr, Bioshock infinite preorder, yes or no if i get the original free

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
hell yea, order that shit! i think its an awesome deal, if enough people pre-order though... i am one of them, so maybe i'm a little biased... but you just know its going to be a good game, if not, you can play the old one again, and xcom! still worth the price

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I honestly can say you cannot go wrong ..... the original Bioshock is amazing, so is Xcom and Infinite looks like its going to be amazing.

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
just checked steam again, Xcom is unlocked, so with Xcom and the original im getting about double the value...
ill take your word for the original being great, i better get that preorder done!

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
good man! also perhaps check out Green man gaming, they are giving away 2 games also and it quite a bit cheaper... here in Aus, it is $80 on steam, and on GMG its $50... you get the Original Bioshock, and a choice of another game.

just putting it out there, its great value either way

corvak

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Reviews come out on the 21st, before the release on the 26th. Check em out thursday if you are still on the fence. :)

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Thanks for that, ill have a look
convenietly, im in Aus!

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
whoa, on Green man gaming have upped the ante, they are now giving away X-com, Bio shock 2 and a choice of another game, and of course infinite, for $51.75 aud!!! its the bargain of the century, anyone who was on the fence about pre-ordering - this should settle the matter.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If you don't own XCOM, and you are interested in XCOM, then the Greenman Gaming deal is probably a very attractive incentive to pre-order. I'm of the mind that a lot of pre-order deals are poor, but rarely there comes along an offer worth consideration, and Greenman Gaming's current offer of Bioshock Infinite+XCOM+Bioshock 1+Another game from the 2k Catalog+$15 store credit is a very attractive offer to people who are likely to want to buy Infinite soon after it releases anyway.

ShindoSensei

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Personally I loved the first bioshock, (the second one was a bit underrated, but definitely not as good as the first). There has been tons and tons of work put into it (at least from what I can tell) and idk if you like TF2, but that can be a bonus tool. If you like immersive shooters I think pre-ordering would be a good choice,