Advice on potential fried motherboard

AlexRRR

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hi guys,

So after a couple of weeks research into the components I wanted for my new build and a good long day of careful building, I took the plunge for the first boot of my first build. As you can imagine - excited but nervous...

Anyway, I press the power button, it turns on for a second, and since then no life whatsoever! I can't be sure but I may have seen a blue flash but no smell or smoke. I've carefully read the sticky on boot problems and can confirm I haven't made any rookie errors.

To sort this out, I breadboarded just the Mobo, CPU, HSF, and PSU - abolutely no sign of life whatsoever. Did the same with another PSU from my main computer (which runs fine) - again, absolutely nothing!

I've come to the conclusion of a fried Mobo, what do you think? I would appreciate any help/advice from you knowledgeable people.

AlexRRR

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
I'm using the AsRock Extreme 4 which has its own power button. I also tried shorting the front panel power button on the motherboard with a screw driver.

The PSU is the Corsair TX650W V2 and I managed to jump it using the paperclip trick! CPU is i5 3570k, cooler is the Noctua NH-U9B.

AlexRRR

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Yeh both 24 pin and 8 pin fully inserted. drdebug doesn't light up, absolutely no life! Would it show up even if the mobo was fried?

AlexRRR

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Yeh, a fully working PSU gave same result.
Phew, glad you think that too! I'm RMA-ing it and definitely going to breadboard from the start next time!

Thanks for the help