Custom Build: Need Advice

Tsuki

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
So I am getting a new desktop for Graphic Design/Gaming and I'm new to all this. I have come up with a build on IBuyPower (not convinced I'm going to buy from there) and I'm wondering how it looks and what advice you might have. Also, if you have any advice on where to buy, that would be helpful as well (please don't just say "build it yourself", I'm tempted to, but my mom/source of funds says no).

Build:

• Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Gaming Case
    Internal Expansion: [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]--ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
    Memory: 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA FTW - Core: 1084MHz
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
    Power Supply: 750 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-750AX
    Primary Hard Drive: 64 GB SanDisk SSD
    Data Hard Drive: 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s
    Optical Drive: [12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive
Also: I'll be running Windows 7 Home Premium

I have found what looks like a decent keyboard, mouse, and moniter, but any advice on what to get there would be helpful as well.

Price limit is about $2,000 though I can go a little higher if I need to.

Thank you,
Tsuki

Joshua Omote

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Good setup but would recommend changing somethings. I don't see the need for a internal expansion system. 8 GB of RAM is more than enough but no problem with 16. Would recommend something like a 7950 or a 7970 because they are beast over clockers and will yield better performance. You can check other sites like Cyberpower PC and Maingear.

Tsuki

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Dirtyferret: Is PSU the Power Supply Unit? And what would you suggest instead?

Joshua: The internal expansion is so I can go with wireless internet--while I'm home, there's no way to set up wired internet without risking things happening to the computer. I'm going for 16 GB because of my Graphic Design. I realize that 8 is enough, but I'd rather have more RAM in case I have some heavier work. And what do you mean by 7950 and 7970 (I'm not planning on overclocking)?

Joshua Omote

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

What am saying is that the 7970 will offer better performance and if you go a step lower and take a 7950 you can do some mild overclocking. (Note: Mild) and easily out perform the GTX 670. I think 750 watt PSU is fine incase you want a SLI setup in the future.