Computer freezing. What can be causing it?

Arcticcu

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Intel i7-2600 3.4ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6870 (latest drivers)
8GB RAM

As of a few weeks ago, my computer keeps freezing occasionally. I haven't been able to determine any conditions for it freezing - it simply does. What happens is it just suddenly stops responding to anything and I hear this constant "bzzzzzzzzzz" sound from my headphones. I believe this could have started at around the time I installed linux as a dual boot on my system, but I cannot be quite certain of this. I installed it to my previous D: disk.

I've checked the following things: My temperatures are OK (30-50). All my fans are operating correctly. My HDD seems to be working correctly according to SpeedFan S.M.A.R.T and one other program I downloaded. The crashing seems to be happening on both Linux and Windows, at least I think I've crashed on linux before. As I said, it doesn't seem that doing anything in particular would be the cause for the crash.

I am clueless as to what to try next. If it isn't a GPU, Processor or HDD issue and is unlikely to be at least a GPU driver issue, what could be causing it?

Arcticcu

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I know how to do this yes, and I might do it some time later.. I'm gonna stay on Linux for a few days at least now. It's hard to tell what causes it since I don't ALWAYS crash, it might be some time before the next one. I'll report with results! Thanks for help.