Metro 2033 artifacting on GTX 670 SLI

kittyy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I recently upgraded to a pair of Gigabyte Windforce 3X GTX 670 2GB graphics cards, and I'm running them in SLI.

They are great in any game I throw at them, but recently I noticed some strange graphics glitching in Metro 2033... I am playing it at 1080p on maximum DX11 settings with 4x MSAA... I have a video of what I mean here.

These strange flashes of different colour light only happen on this particular weapon as far as I'm aware... And they seem to be limited to only a small area of the model...

I know that faulty graphics card memory can cause similar artifacting issues, and I'm now worried that my cards might be faulty.

It's definitely not heat; both cards run under 60*C under load, I monitor them with MSI Afterburner, and the memory is not overclocked (Though GPU1 and GPU 2 run at 1189MHz and 1150MHz respectively).

My Motherboard is an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme, CPU is an i7 2600k at stock speeds, and my powersupply is a Corsair HX850 850W Proffessional Series.

I'd really appreciate some people with experience in this area to put my mind at rest or advise me on what's going on and what I should do.

Thanks.

does it happen when run the game run on SLI mode only or does it happen when running single card as well? if you think your gpu is faulty then try running the game using the 1 card only and repeat the process to the 2nd card as well. try to observe if for the problem to appear. if the problem only happen when running in SLI mode then it could be bug from SLI.

kittyy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

Do you mean taking the graphics cards out of my case and then running them individually?Or is there an option somewhere to select which GPU to use? Because I've set the game to only use "single GPU" on the Nvidia Control Panel and the glitch is still there. I did run Unigine Heaven for a while on maximum settings to test the GPUs, both at 98-99% load and there was no artifacting.

Is it possible for a faulty GPU to only show up on one game like this? Or would the problem also be in Unigine Heaven... It's just that I'm just not really comfortable with taking my PC apart again.... Heh, I'm new to this stuff :)

TRENDING THREADS