Neither BIOS or Windows will detect Samsung 840 500GB SSD

lkirk98

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I have sufficient power and a SATA cable hooked up to the motherboard. At first, it picked it up, but I clicked on it in the BIOS hoping for some options, but it tried to boot from it. Now it won't pick it up at all.

lkirk98

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I have the Asus P9X79 LE motherboard and the BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. 0504. The SMBIOS version is 2.7, but I'm not sure if that is the same thing.

That's one of the Asus motherboards that is prone to having bent pins in the cpu socket on the motherboard. Only way to tell for sure is to disassemble the system for a close up inspection.

Is your pc a new build?

lkirk98

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

No I've had my computer for about 6 months now. I bought it online where you can customize it and they'll build it for you. Needless to say, I'm not really comfortable with doing that type of stuff. Installing an SSD wasn't too bad though. I can probably have someone look at it though.

lkirk98

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Alright so it's been like 6 months or something since this thread and I feel like a scumbag for not posting the solution. My solution was that it just sort of... appeared in the bios one day. Not sure why or what happened to cause it.