Asrock 0x97 Console output devices connect error

Gregory Daemen

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi

I've switched to a gigabyte 7970 ghz after using 2x560. I deleted the nvidia drivers using Drive Sweeper and then installed the 7970. Upon booting my mobo (Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen3) displays error code 97 which stands for 'Console output devices connect'. I'm using a DVI cable but I'm not getting any vision. I have tried hdmi but to no avail. Everything still works fine with my 560s.

Does anyone have any experience with this who can help me out?
Should I pre-install the amd drivers?

Gregory Daemen

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Sorry for the late reply. It didn't work. I went to the shop where I bought it, they managed to make it boot with the 7970.
They said there was no problem and everything worked fine.
I came home, everything booted fine. I noticed windows aero wasn't working and that I couldn't boot any game. I would get responses like "game couldn't be opened, windows is looking for a solution" and "no 3D device found".
I checked drivers and noticed nvidia ones were still installed, deleted those, reboot and still the same problems. I thought uninstalling the amd drivers (using driver sweeper) would be a good idea since installing new drivers while old ones are still there is not ideal.
Did that, did the reboot and upon reaching the windows logo I get a blue screen, automatically tried to reboot but got the D6 error which is the same as the 97.
I can only boot in safe mode with the cd which came with the GPU inserted.
Installing the drivers from safe mode with the cd doesn't seem to work either. I get "Failed to load detection driver".
Going to the shop tomorrow again (100km ride).

TRENDING THREADS