Is it possible to replace a laptop's LED panel (screen) to another model?

Hi,

A few days ago I've received the Lenovo U310 laptop I bought, and while I generally like it a lot, the screen is absolutely terrible. It's got a TN panel, OK, but it's probably one of the worst I've seen. Viewing angles are so terrible I find myself constantly adjusting the lid to avoid looking at a washed out/ too dark an image.

Is it possible to buy a different 13.3" LED panel (would love a 1080p IPS) for a laptop?
6 answers Last reply
More about replace laptop led panel screen model
  1. yonyz said:
    Hi,

A few days ago I've received the Lenovo U310 laptop I bought, and while I generally like it a lot, the screen is absolutely terrible. It's got a TN panel, OK, but it's probably one of the worst I've seen. Viewing angles are so terrible I find myself constantly adjusting the lid to avoid looking at a washed out/ too dark an image.

Is it possible to buy a different 13.3" LED panel (would love a 1080p IPS) for a laptop?

Hi :)

No...its almost impossible for that to work ..around a 1% chance... (see my sig)

All the best Brett :)
  2. Why is it impossible?
    Don't they all have a common set of cables and connections to the motherboard?
  3. yonyz said:
    Why is it impossible?

No lol...look at my sig....you have more chance of winning the lottery, than that working...

4. Brett928S2 said:
    yonyz said:
    Why is it impossible?

No lol...look at my sig....you have more chance of winning the lottery, than that working...

I realize you own a laptop repair shop, but I am looking for an explanation as to why it won't work, not why I should believe you (not that I don't believe you).
  5. yonyz said:
    Brett928S2 said:
    yonyz said:
    Why is it impossible?

I realize you own a laptop repair shop, but I am looking for an explanation as to why it won't work, not why I should believe you (not that I don't believe you).

Because EVERY laptop is different...even same make and model ones...

You do NOT have to believe anything I say...but its going to be an expensive mistake... lol

6. yonyz said:
    Hi,

Can not. You can not change it. But you can ask your former supplier/seller for some other replacement if possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops LED Monitor