Need help with pc not powering on

Lazar Vijatov

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I need help about gigabyte motherboard because its not powering on,i also tried the asus p5kpl-am se motherboard with my psu and it powered on and all fans were spining because i thought maybe the psu was bad,also my motherboard is gigabyte p35 UD3R and everything was working perfectly until i decided to open my computer to move the cables and to change some screws after that i closed my pc(everything was connected perfeclty)and the psu didnt turned on while i was pushing the power button consantly also i had that issue 1 month ago on asus motherboard it wasnt were working so i changed it then i bought gigabyte p35 and it worked perfectly now after i moved the cables and re connected them again its not working

genz

Distinguished
Have you correctly connected the basic I/O cable? It's the plug that goes from your computer's power button to the pins sticking out of your motherboard's bottom left corner. If you have a collection of small labeled wires with words like PWR BTN then find the one labeled PWR BTN (it should have two small pinholes) and try it in different arrangements on the left side of that socket till you find one that powers up the PC. And before you ask, as long as you stick to trying that small socket space, no incorrect arrangement can damage your PC.

Lazar Vijatov

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
i did re placed them and nothing then again i took my asus motherboard and placed atx and pwr btn connectors in their places and the psu started working and then back on gigabyte's one i pressed power button and re attached all again and still its not powering up
also i runed assu's motherboard with no ram memory or cpu i just wanted to check does the psu actually runs

genz

Distinguished
Disconnect your biggest power drainers, then try again. If it's not that and you're sure that the pinout of that power header is the correct (they are different for each mobo) then I would get a new PSU.

Lazar Vijatov

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
i placed H.D.D LED thingy into the pwr btn thingys who goes out of motherboard and then i saw the red light shining at the front panel of my pc so im 100% sure that the pins which goes out of mb are working correctly

genz

Distinguished

I never said they weren't working correctly, I was suggesting they were connected in the wrong way. There's 8 pins on the header and you only need two of them (the right way round) to power on your system, yet all lights should be off if your PC is not on. It's entirely possible you could A. Have the pins upside down, thus connecting the power button to the ground and vice versa B. Actually be trying to use the power button light by accident C. Have a motherboard that has headers that are not normally arranged. Try taking out a small copper coin or header cap (if you have one) ad bridging random pairs of pins there until you find a good combination. I will repeat again, no where near enough voltage should be travelling though the correct pair to light up your reset so I think you are bridging two live pins instead of live and earth or something.