Homebuilt can't get past bios with reset loop

Andrew Tayloe

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
All I have in my shell of a computer is my i5 intel, V8 heatsync, 8gb of ram in slot 1&3, HDD with Windows7 already installed.

What I was doing before getting this weird/annoying problem. - Just bought a new case, new ram, new GPU. Switched the mobo over to the new case, installed everything and got this reset loop. So, I uninstalled every bit of hardware besides what I've just listed and I still getting this loop. My pc before switching was working fine, I am using the prior ram, not the new ram.

Bios - My mobo has 2 Bios, I've popped out the battery and resetted the CMOS, no such luck. The only BIOS command that will work (sometimes) is post boot.

same hard drive , same mb?

If it is then you have to look at how the SATA ports are set up in BIOS . If they are not they should be set to AHCI , not IDE mode

If they are in IDE mode then you need to find the SAT port the hard drive was previously plugged in to

Andrew Tayloe

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

I just tried every SATA port in the mobo, no luck :/.

Andrew Tayloe

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I can't even access BIOS, my computer gets to the screen and either sits there for awhile before restarting itself or just restarts itself. The only command I can use (sometimes) is TAB for post boot.

Andrew Tayloe

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I should've said this in the original post, using a Gigabyte mobo. I just took out the battery and going to let that set for 15-20mins before trying it again. Hopefully resetting both bios, or at the very least, let me access bios.

TRENDING THREADS