[First Build] - few more parts, some questions

Stormbane

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
This is my first build ever, so I still have a few questions. Here's what I'm thinking about buying so far:

Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better.
Budget Range: I'd like to keep it under $1100 as much as possible. Under $1000 would be even better.
System usage from most to least important: Gaming, web browsing, homework, image/light video editing
Are you buying a monitor: Yes
Need OS: No (Windows 7 Home Premium)
Preferred Website for parts: Whoever has the best deals. .__.
Parts Preferences: I'd like to keep an Intel CPU, but other than that it doesn't really matter.
SLI or Crossfire: I'd like to in the future.
Parts still needed: PSU, more fans(?), CPU cooler(?), wireless network adapter

Looking for suggestions on a PSU. I don't need one that can handle SLI/Crossfire right away. I can always upgrade down the road if that's a better solution.
Also, thinking about getting a cheaper monitor. Could use suggestions on that as well.
As for everything else, what do you think? Could I do better for my budget? Could I go cheaper anywhere? What about a CPU cooler? I have no AC in this house. I really don't want anything to overheat on me.
Would all those parts fit alright in that case? Would there be any bottlenecking?
I'm looking for a wireless internet adapter or something. I'd like to put this computer in my room instead of the living room this time. :/
I'll worry about a mouse and keyboard later. Just gunna pick up something cheap if I can't salvage from our 3-years-dead desktop.
Also, I don't need an SSD. I'm fine with just a HDD. Speaking of which, how long can I expect that WD one to last?

Thanks in advance for helping out~

EDIT: Forgot to add...don't worry about speakers. I'll most likely be using headphones.

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I think your going to be doing fine with all of the parts you have selected thus far. The normal recommendation for a PSU (for CFx) is going to be a 750 or 800 watt Corsair or Seasonic PSU.

More fans will not always increase your cooling capability as long as you have a smart setup with your fans you really cannot go wrong.

Stormbane

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll take a look at those PSUs. I've heard good things about Corsair and Seasonic. Anyone have a wireless adapter and/or CPU cooler they'd suggest? Preferably one that's relatively cheap...but still good...
I feel like I need to pounce on that GPU asap before the price goes back up again. But I'd like more opinions 'n stuff before I actually order anything.

bodeen2012

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
just so you know seasonic builds xfx psu's .
cpu cooler : COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
don't know much about wireless adapters sorry

g-unit1111

Titan

That's a good choice for cooler. I'd also recommend most of the PSUs listed so far but I would avoid the Corsair CX. Get the Seasonic S12 instead.

Stormbane

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
So I guess 750w is what I need? (Judging by the PSU suggestions)
What if I decide not to Crossfire? I'm just trying to save some money here and there, though I know the PSU is something you shouldn't go cheap on... I mean, I can always upgrade later.

Also, does anyone have a wireless adapter they'd suggest? I really have no idea what to get. :/

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

750 to 850 allows room for crossfire in the future.

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N53 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $38.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Really nice wireless card. More than enough unless you have Gigabit Wireless T.T