Corsair Force 128GB Raid (Running slow & wrong size in raid)

ace2289

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
I have two corsair force gs series ssds in raid 0 that giving me roughly 800mb read and even less in write. I'm not saying its bad speeds but it is far from spec. The comp has been running fairly smooth over the last 2 weeks. It has been through a night of Prime95 and memtest. So overall it is fairly stable. Went to the corsair forums and they weren't exactly helpful. They asked me to used ATTO to test rather than Crystal Disk Mark which I was accustomed to. In ATTO it tested out to be fine and up to spec speeds. So can someone please just tell me if CDM is out of date or corsair is just so detached from real world benchmarks. If you would like to view the thread the link is: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116368
Please let me know if I might be doing something wrong. And also the raid only gives me 226GB usable versus the 240GB it should. I am aware that these drives allocate a certain amount for garbage collection so I am not expecting full space, but I do not understand when Intel Raid Management picks up two 119GB drives yet I still only get 226GB.

All help will be very much appreciated.

Your SSD's Product Page indicates that advertised Read/Write speeds are with ATTO software; so you have to test with that to see what condition your drives are in.
http://www.corsair.com/ssd/force-series-gt-ssd.html

ATTO uses highly compressible data to test Read/Write speeds. Highly compressible data is the easiest type of data for any SSD to Read/Write.

CrystalDiskMark uses highly incompressible data to test Read/Write speeds. Highly incompressible data is the hardest type of data for any SSD to Read/Write.

SSD & HDD drive manufacturers calculate 1 Gigabyte as 1,000,000,000 bytes (Base-10 Numeral System).
Microsoft (and also memory RAM manufacturers) calculate 1 Gigabyte as 1,073,741,824 bytes (Binary Numeral System).

The difference between the 2 methods is 7%.
So whenever you buy a SSD or HDD you have to subtract 7% of the advertised capacity to get your actual formatted capacity in Windows.
So that's why your array size is not 240GB.