Battlefield 3 Ultra settings

Will i be able to run Battlefield 3 on Ultra settings with this setup?

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1024MB GDDR5 128bit

Intel Core i3-3220 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 Ghz 3 MB

8g RAM
8 answers Last reply
More about battlefield ultra settings
  1. DDuno said:
    Will i be able to run Battlefield 3 on Ultra settings with this setup?

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1024MB GDDR5 128bit

Intel Core i3-3220 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 Ghz 3 MB

8g RAM

No, but it will run nicely anyways.
  2. Will I be at least be able to play on high? If not, what is holding me back? The CPU or the GPU? Sorry I'm new to this
  3. DDuno said:
    Will I be at least be able to play on high? If not, what is holding me back? The CPU or the GPU? Sorry I'm new to this

Maybe on high, depending on what resolution you play. If 1920x1080 then now. Yours is a good PC, but your CPU is a bit slow. It's a good CPU but it can't do magic. It will run BF3 smoothly though. Maybe you should upgrade to an I5 3570k or a 2500k, those are speed demons and are also quite cheap.
  4. If I get the I5 3570k, What Graphics card should I get?
  5. DDuno said:
    If I get the I5 3570k, What Graphics card should I get?

It depends on your gaming needs. The i5 is an awesome CPU and if overclocked that baby becomes one of the faster gaming processors out there. Paired with a gtx 650 it will run most games very smoothly. It's true the 650 is not a very powerful GPU but it gets the job done. You can always sell that 650 get a better one (660, 670, 680 from Nvidia or 7970 from AMD).
  6. the minimum card to run ultra on bf3 is the 660ti or 7870
    cpu usage ? it prefers a quad core over a dual or a dual hyperthreaded.
    its always better to have 4 true cores than 4 virtual 1s. as there not competing for resources.
    you dont need a 3570k you can go a bit further down if you choose and should loose much in the way of gaming performance. i5-3350P should give exactly the same gaming performance in bf3 asa 3570k at stock. probably overclocked as well because i saw very little difference when i went from 3.6-4.2 so i went back to 3.6 and its fine. so its always a choice if you want to spend slightly less and get better value for gaming.
  7. It also depends on your budget of course. The I5 is about 220 uSd and the GTX 680 (high end GPU) is 477 uSd on Amazon
  8. Ok thanks guys I think Ill go ahead and get the i5-3350P and a GTX 660ti.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx EVGA Geforce Battlefield Video Games