XSPC Raystorm EX240 Not Pumping

Paul4179

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I decided to start things simple and just by a kit.

After setting up the loop I fill the res with water I turn the power on (for the first time) and all I get is a loud whirring sound, absolutely no water flow. After 20 seconds of looking at it sideways it began to screech. I turned the power off, drained the loop, unscrewed the pump from the res, checked it visually, and resembled. After filling the res again and turning on the pump, the exact same thing happened. All the signs point to air in the pump, but how?

I can't even imagine what I could have done wrong in a pump/res combo... it's a single unit.

Going to take apart the entire thing, I suppose.

(move to water cooling forums please?)

Paul4179

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I took the pump out, when I pour water into the "out" hole it flows right to the spiral at the pump interface. And water added to the fill hole exits through the in hole and the center of the pump interface. So it appears that everything is in order there.

Paul4179

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Fixed it. Apparently the pump does not work if there is no water on the "out" even if the res is full. I took a large syringe and filled the entire loop backwards through the hose the pump is supposed to be pushing out of. Then I filled it forwards trough the opposite way. When turning on the pump it was mad, but working. After getting rid of the air bubbles it seems to be functioning normal.