Reaching 65 Celsius while playing games?

I'm currently playing Crysis 3 at high setting @60-120FPS w/ ATI Radeon 7870 2GB. The GPU is reaching 65 Celsius and CPU at 60 Celsius. I don't have liquid cooling system or whatever but I have multiple fans running at 100% maximum and GPU & CPU at 80% maximum.
I was wondering what is considered to be the "warning" zone and the "danger" zone for GPU and CPU temperature? Usually I'm at 25 Celsius during Idle.
2 answers Last reply
More about reaching celsius playing games
  1. Chiuy said:
    I'm currently playing Crysis 3 at high setting @60-120FPS w/ ATI Radeon 7870 2GB. The GPU is reaching 65 Celsius and CPU at 60 Celsius. I don't have liquid cooling system or whatever but I have multiple fans running at 100% maximum and GPU & CPU at 80% maximum.
    I was wondering what is considered to be the "warning" zone and the "danger" zone for GPU and CPU temperature? Usually I'm at 25 Celsius during Idle.

Are those delta temperature or wholesome reading? If those temps are what you're seeing max then you are fine. Your parts could go all the way to 80 degrees and will be fine. So don't worry those are good temps if they are delta temps.
  2. Agreed. Even 85c is acceptable for a GPU.
    65 is fairly cool.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Celsius Games CPUs Graphics