Strange issue w/onboard Realtek HD Audio

sirrap21

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
For starters I apoloogize if I'm posting in the wrong section. I saw the forum for sound cards and wasn't sure if my onboard issue would suffice.

I'm having a rare issue with my new rig. At times whenever my system is asleep and I wake it up, I have no sound. I check all of the settings which shows that the device is working properly. Nothings muted and I checked at various sites (ex: itunes, youtube, etc.) for sound, but to no avail I have to shutdown the system completely and restart. After doing this the sound returns & works just fine, however it is an unnecessary pain having to restart the system at times when the sound decides to play 'hide and seek'.

And yes, I made sure the line is plugged in the back and my sound drivers are up to date.

I'm the only operator of my system so there's no possibly that someone else could have did something while I was away. I was thinking of contacting newegg, which is where I purchased it from or perhaps cyberpowerpc, the actual manufacturer. I'm not sure which one so I thought to start here first.

My systems specs are as follows:
Mobo: MSI 760GM-P33, 760G & SB710 chipset
CPU: AMD 6100-FX 3.3Ghz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 650 GTX 1GB(didn't come with PC, I bought/installed separtely)
RAM: 8GB DDR3(1333)
HD: 500Gb SATA II @ 7200rpm
7.1 channel audio

Please advise if any more information is needed in order to investigate the problem. Thanks in advance

sirrap21

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
I haven't considered that, but yep, the system is running the default sound. Thanks for your help & the link.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

For best results, be sure to first un-install the existing audio driver before installing the new one. If that fails to solve your issue, there is a temporary work-around I've heard others using:
After you wake the computer go to Control Panel
Click Sound
Right-Click on your Speakers
Click Test