Pc for Gaming/Rendering Youtube Budget 1700€

Giovanni Liuzzi

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi guys, i'm new here.
This is my first time making a pc. I would show you all the pieces I think I need.
For any problem with them (Ex. Compatibility problems etc..), tell me!
I'd like to OC too.

Internal Hard Disk WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA3 (x2)
Modular Corsair HX750
MotherBoard Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Socket 1155 SATA3
Internal burner Asus
VGA Shappire Ati AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC Boost Core /9501000MHz 3GB (Sapphire or Gigabyte or what vga?)
SSD Samsung 840 250GB Pro Series
CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155
Heatsink Noctua NH-D14
G.Skill Ares 1866MHz 16GB (2x8GB) <---- 1866 o 1600?
Monitor Led 24" Asus VK248H FullHD
Case Corsair 500R

P.S. Should I assembly this for myself? (Oh, I'm italian)

Giovanni Liuzzi

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

As I said, 1700€ of budget (the one write above costs about 1600€) and i'd like to OC too, yea.

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Looks like a very good first time build. For rendering (if it's anything serious) and/or streaming it's better off having an i7, even though the pure gaming performance won't be very different.

1866 vs 1600 RAM is up to you, if the price difference is a lot (more than 15 euros or so) stick with the slower stuff. There's not a huge difference gaming wise, but you might notice it when rendering.

I prefer Gigabyte > Sapphire, since IMHO they have the top cooler for the current line up of GPUs in terms of performance and noise.

It's really not all that hard to put a PC together, as long as you are careful and take your time :).

M

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

With the question of RAM, the jump from 1600mhz to 1866mhz is a less than 1% difference in performance. If you really want to spend the extra money you can but it is by far not necessary. (Though not recommended you can overclock your own ram).

I personally prefer just about every brand over sapphire after I went through an RMA nightmare. Of course not with that specific card but I had 2 lemons in a row... Plus the windforce 3x cooler is fantastic.

If you want to save a little more you can get a seagate barracuda 1TB drive, same thing just a bit cheaper. Also putting the HDDs in RAID1 would be a nice performance increase.

No compatibility issues, and the D14 is by far the best cooler for overclocking.

EDIT: Also yeah, always put the computer together yourself, just think of it as a really expensive 8-15 piece puzzle... with all the insert spots very easy to find and plenty of tutorials online I don't see why not.

Giovanni Liuzzi

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Thanks for the answer :)
I was thinking about the Gigabyte-Sapphire thing.... Which is better with OC?

Giovanni Liuzzi

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Thanks and really cool the puzzle example :'D

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
How well the card OCs depends entirely upon your luck of the draw. There are plenty of Gigabyte cards out there which overclock to very nice levels, and there are some that just don't. The 7950 is almost always a good overclocker though and with the better cooling of the Gigabyte you are more likely to be able to reach a nice stable overclock due to the lower temps afforded by the better cooler. It is by no means a guarantee, but one should remember that even the stock performance of a 7950 is extremely good.

The only way of guaranteeing a good overclock is to buy a pre-overclocked card, for example the Asus TOP Edition. I don't really buy into this though, I'd rather take my chances with a normal card. These factory overclocked versions tend to add quite a hefty price premium with not much of a gain. They tend to be rather mediocre overclocks anyway, so 90% of the time you should be able to reach that level of overclock on your own. Again I must stress that even the stock performance of a 7950 is fantastic.

M

Marcopolo123

Honorable

I agree.

A 550w psu is enough for single gpu