775 Cooler Usable on 1156/1155?

KingOfComputing

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I have a Titan Fenrir (Model: TTC-NK85TZ (RB)) CPU cooler (can be seen here: http://www.titan-cd.com/Y_product_C_old_e.php?id=341 ) that I used to cool my current processor (an Intel Core2Quad QX6700 2.66GHZ) which is socket 775. However, I have recently ordered an 1155 motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68) with Intel i5 2500k CPU to give this system a nice big overhaul. It comes with the basic Intel cooler but I would much rather use the Titan Fenrir I already have to provide better cooling, quieter operation and allow me some extra overclocking headroom (if/when I decide to overclock).

So my question: is there any way I can use the Titan Fenrir I have on my current socket 775 on my new 1155 system? If so what do I need to do? Do I need any extra parts i.e. a new mounting or will it fit with the same mount?

If there is no way I can do this then should I stick to the basic Intel cooler? Is it good enough to cool an i5 2500K without being too noisy?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
According to the link you provided, it is adaptable to those other hole patterns, yes. Is the mtg bracket adjustable, or are there extra holes in it for the slightly different hole spacing?

Kind of sad to ask a question when ur answer is provided on the link u gave lol but the only thing that will be an issue will be having the mounting kit for 1155, u may have to buy it if ur current mounting kit does not have the right kit for 1155

TRENDING THREADS