Scratching, crackling noise on Asus M5A99X Evo

Syntkillen

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I just booted up my new build. Installed windows 8, upgraded all drivers and instantly got hit with a terribly disturbing noise when I move around my mouse, drag windows or the HDD is loading. It sounds just like the statics which interferes with my speakers when I lay my iPhone next to them.

I have hade these kinds of problems before on my old computer. Somebody suggested that I had a bad cheap PSU in that build. This time I emptie my pockets and bought the high end Corsair AX860i. Seems like it was totally pointless.

I found a thread that said it could be static and washers should be installed on the motherboard. So I put in those litte paper washers that came with my case. They did nothing. Asus bloody manual does not mention any washers.
Consider taking them out again cause other threads say the modo should be connected to the case for grounding.

Anybody got any ideas what I can do about this bloody noise?

Syntkillen

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

No, I had nothing but my amp and speakers connected. I found no cure for it but to add a PCI sound card I had. That worked good. Seems like the built in sound is totally crap on Asus boards. Is it better on any other brand?

correon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hmm i have no problems here with my builtin soundcard here - and this is Asus - and i use it allso when i run a movie from computer over

television and sound through home stereo for surround sound

Syntkillen

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I have the same shitty experience with my former Asus ROG Formula IV. I used to think it had something to do with bad PSU so I went all in and bought a Corsair 860AXi. Seemingly to no avail.

TRENDING THREADS