cannot install software even with administrator rights

wild dog

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Hey Brett, I installed Pinnacle Studio 9.3 SE on my PC using Windows 7. I wanted to convert VHS analog video to DVD. The software worked fine to a point, then it froze. Restart did nothing. My patience is limited, so I uninstalled using add/remove. An attempt to reload was stopped when the message "Access Denied, must have admin rights" Well I finally resolved that issue by moving a slide bar in User Accounts to the very bottom. Now, I've successfully reloaded the software but for whatever reason it's not the same as the first time. the desktop icon is different, the opening page doesn't recognize my analog VCR. the help has instuctions on how to change the source but the only source is a digital source. Corel tech support, to talk with an adviser is non existent, unless you fork over 25.00. What would you do?
Thanks for any help,
Bill

Hi :)

It sounds like some parts are left after the uninstall.... has Corel got a REMOVAL TOOL on their site to remove ALL Corel products ?

Also Pinnacle 9 needs a fairly powerful machine for all its bells and whistles...what spec is your machine ?

All the best Brett :)