Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000

Hello everyone,

I've been looking around for a new mouse, not necessarily for gaming, but comfort. I've tried the Deathadder, and I really liked the feel of it, but I didn't need all of the features. I stumbled across the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 and I was wondering how it compares in feel to the Razer Deathadder, and if there are any other comfortable mice in the ~20-30 dollar price range. The Microsoft Comfort Mouse seems to have the same general shape as the Deathadder, so I was curious.

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Right-Handed-Comfort-Mouse-Business/dp/B005FM562U/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363559452&sr=1-4&keywords=microsoft+comfort+mouse+6000

Razer Deathadder: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Essential-Ergonomic-RZ01-00840100-R3U1/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363559498&sr=1-1&keywords=razer+deathadder

If anyone out there owns the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000, how does it compare, and is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance,
sonicers
8 answers Last reply
More about microsoft comfort mouse 6000
  1. I bought a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 for my laptop. The price was just perfect for a mouse purely for browsing the web and creating documents. However, I do not suggest it for gaming.

Here's why
    - Material around your thumb is sticky and uncomfortable
    - The scroll wheel is horrible, hard to scroll through webpages
    - Comparing the two mice, the Microsoft one's sensor DPI (sensitivity) is lower (1000) than the Razer's DeathAdder (6400)
    - Microsoft's customization program does not top Razer's customization program (Razer Synapse 2.0) [cannot change sensitivity levels ONLY through the control panel]

The Razer DeathAdder is durable and more comfortable than the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000. In addition, you can buy the DeathAdder 2013 (if you have the money) instead which has improved its comfort.

If you have any additional questions for me in particular, feel free to message me on here.
  2. Ashmen said:
    I bought a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 for my laptop. The price was just perfect for a mouse purely for browsing the web and creating documents. However, I do not suggest it for gaming.

Here's why
    - Comparing the two mice, the Microsoft one's sensor DPI (sensitivity) is lower (1000) than the Razer's DeathAdder (6400)
    - Microsoft's customization program does not top Razer's customization program (Razer Synapse 2.0) [cannot change sensitivity levels ONLY through the control panel]

The Razer DeathAdder is durable and more comfortable than the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000. In addition, you can buy the DeathAdder 2013 (if you have the money) instead which has improved its comfort.

If you have any additional questions for me in particular, feel free to message me on here.

I don't game much. It's purely for comfort. How comfortable is it? I've tried the IE 3.0, but it was too sluggish, (400 dpi) and the Deathadder seems like overkill for me. I'm going mostly for comfort, although I don't want to go below 1000 dpi.

I'm currently using the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Optical-Mouse-3000/dp/B000A6NV0U

Would you recommend it as a worthy upgrade?
  3. sonicers said:
    Ashmen said:
    I bought a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 for my laptop. The price was just perfect for a mouse purely for browsing the web and creating documents. However, I do not suggest it for gaming.

Here's why

I don't game much. It's purely for comfort. How comfortable is it? I've tried the IE 3.0, but it was too sluggish, (400 dpi) and the Deathadder seems like overkill for me. I'm going mostly for comfort, although I don't want to go below 1000 dpi.

I'm currently using the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Optical-Mouse-3000/dp/B000A6NV0U

I suggest the HP Wireless Mouse X4000 OR the Logitech Wireless Mouse M525. They are both wireless and have an extremely long battery life. HP Mouse = 30 months | Logitech = 36 months (3 years). In addition, they are both built for comfort. However, the Logitech has a more ergonomic (comfortable) design than the HP mouse that mainly built for laptops.
  4. Ashmen said:
    sonicers said:
    Ashmen said:

Here's why

I suggest the HP Wireless Mouse X4000 OR the Logitech Wireless Mouse M525. They are both wireless and have an extremely long battery life. HP Mouse = 30 months | Logitech = 36 months (3 years). In addition, they are both built for comfort. However, the Logitech has a more ergonomic (comfortable) design than the HP mouse that mainly built for laptops.

I'm leaning more towards a wired, full size mouse. I'm on a desktop, so wireless mice are... eh. I find the Logitech mice weird to hold. The IE 3.0 just fit my hand perfectly, are there any mice like that that you'd recommend? Mice that are full sized, right-handed, and ergonomic.
  5. sonicers said:
    Ashmen said:
    sonicers said:
    Ashmen said:

Here's why

I'm leaning more towards a wired, full size mouse. I'm on a desktop, so wireless mice are... eh. I find the Logitech mice weird to hold. The IE 3.0 just fit my hand perfectly, are there any mice like that that you'd recommend? Mice that are full sized, right-handed, and ergonomic.

To be honest, the most suitable way of finding a mouse that will fit your hand perfectly with the appropriate size for an easy grip would be to test out mice in a local computer store. A local computer store should have mice for show or have a large selection of computer mice. The box that contains the mouse should enable you to feel and see the mouse before you purchase the product. Computer mice are all built for comfort but different people prefer different mice. Some people grip it differently like a claw. Some people prefer the pinky and ring finger to have more comfort. It all depends on your preference. It is hard to recommend a comfortable mouse because every mouse is different AND every person is different.
  6. Will do.

On a side note, you said the scroll wheel was horrid. How bad is it? With the mice that come with desktops as a standard. My Dell mouse scrolls well, but is uncomfortable.
  7. Well, that Microsoft mouse scroll wheel, for some reason cannot scroll up and down easily. When I play games or browse the web, it is extremely hard for the scroll to pick up. For example, it'll take 10 times the strength to scroll up a website than a regular mouse.
  8. Ashmen said:
    Well, that Microsoft mouse scroll wheel, for some reason cannot scroll up and down easily. When I play games or browse the web, it is extremely hard for the scroll to pick up. For example, it'll take 10 times the strength to scroll up a website than a regular mouse.

Are there any ergonomic desktop mice you'd recommend over this one in the 20 dollar price range?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Mice Microsoft Razer Peripherals