Is Asus GeForce GT630 GPU compatible with an IPIBL-LP Benicia motherboard?

Mar 17, 2013
Hello everyone!! Two weeks ago I bought Tomb Raider 2013 for my PC. The game doesn't run smoothly even with lowered graphics, so I thought it's the magic time of... UPGRADING MY GPU!! I think I will buy an Asus GeForce GT630, but the problem is, that I am not sure if it'll work for my old motherboard or even if it fits there. My PC is manufacturer-built, it's a HP Pavillion a6565.gr if that matters.

My PC specs are:
Operating System:
Windows Vista: Home Premium - 32bit
Motherboard:
IPIBL-LB [Benicia]
IPIBL-LB [Benicia]:
Manufacturer:
Asus
Form factor:
microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset:
Northbridge chipset: Intel G33 Express
Southbridge chipset: Intel ICH9R
Memory sockets:
4 x DDR2
Front side bus speeds:
1333/1066/800 MHz
Processor socket:
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 slots
1 PCI slot
Internal Connectors:
-One 24-pin ATX power connector
-One 4-pin ATX power connector
-Six SATA connectors
-One floppy drive connector
-Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
-One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
-Three USB 2.0 headers supporting 6 USB ports or devices
-One IEEE 1394a header
-One SPDIF audio output header
-One 4-pin audio line-input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista -capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
-One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
-Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (2x8 HDMI connector)
-One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
-One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
Video:
Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100
Processor:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Memory:
4 GB
Video graphics card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS
(PHOTO: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/NVidia_GeForce_9600GS.jpg)
Power Supply:
300W

And the specs of the GPU I want to buy:

Graphics Engine:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Bus Standard:
PCI Express 2.0
Video Memory:
DDR3 2GB
Engine Clock:
810 MHz
CUDA Core:
Shader Clock:
1620 MHz
Memory Clock:
1800 MHz ( 900 MHz DDR3 )
Memory Interface:
128-bit
Resolution:
D-Sub Max Resolution : 2048x1536
DVI Max Resolution : 2560x1600
Interface:
D-Sub Output : Yes x 1
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1
HDCP Support : Yes
Power Consumption:
up to 75Wno additional PCIe power required
Dimensions:
7.6 " x 5.12 " Inch

Thanks in advance, I'll be waiting for a quick answer!!

PS: I'm sorry for using spoilers, I just don't want my post to look too long :)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention that my budget is low (50-100 Euros), that's why I stick to this GPU. I plan to overclock it, so I get better FPS ingame too.

it will fit. but can you consider something better such as radeon 7750? plus the game itself was more friendly towards amd cards though recent game patch and latest driver from nvidia did improve the performance and stability of the game on geforce cards.

i wouldn't consider a gt630 an upgrade, no offense, but you really should not expect much from such a low end card. if you want significant improvement, get a 7770 (or 7750 as stated above if low on cash).

even if you OC it, it wont improve much. unless you play some old and/or light games

going for 7770 might be too much for his system. upon quick search it seems the his pc has C2D E7200 with 300w psu. if he goes any higher than 7750 he will need to upgrade the cpu as well. also E7200 will definitely bottleneck 7770. even my 2.93Ghz E7500 are not fast enough to keep up with my 460. i have to oc my cpu up to 3.6Ghz to reduce the bottleneck. since his system was OEM based most likely he will stuck with with E7200 stock speed. to me the most sensible upgrade for him will be 7750 (or GTX650 if he wants cards from the green team)

Mar 17, 2013

Thanks for trying to help me :) I don't have any problems buying an AMD card, but I trust nVidia's cards more to be honest. This won't stop me from getting an HD7750, however :D It's not a high-end GPU but seems like it's a good card for my current PC and budget. If I OC it from Core Speed 810 MHz to about 900 MHz will I be able to achieve even significant performance? I'm a newbie to this stuff, so I need help...

Mar 17, 2013

So OC-ing won't affect gaming performance much. Thanks for the reply :)

Getting an HD7770 is quite good choice, but Renz said that my CPU will bottleneck HD7770...

it will not bottleneck much.it can handle most of the games.get hd 7770 with eyes closed:D

actually it depends on how much you OC the card. going from 810mhz to 900mhz is small hence you might not really notice the performance increase. but i you make huge increase like OCing 200mhz more than the initial clock you will be able to notice the difference. however doing so need more knowledge on OCing because with such big increase you might need to play around with the voltage which can break the card if you're not careful.

for games that very depending on gpu like the original crysis it might be the case. from my personal experience my frame rate was going down in some games when upgrading my GTX250 to GTX460. plus going for 7770 will need him to replace his PSU as well.