When will 1440p 120Hz monitors come out?

awesomedude911

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2012
(yes I know that there are 2b catleaps)

When will big companies like Asus, Dell and Acer come out with monitors that are 1440p @ 120Hz? In a Year? Cupple of years?

Are LCDs physicaly limited?
Could I get a 1440p monitor and put a 120Hz PCB in it and make it work?

4k came out, Sharp has a 32" that is 3,840 by 2,160 pixels. I thought they would have came out with somthing by now...

I already researched enough to know that 120Hz is great for shooters and 1440p @ 60Hz is better for sc2 and other strategy games. A monitor with 1440p @ 120Hz would combine best of both worlds.

Probably when there is a GPU that can actually drive that resolution/frequency, and there's some sort.of actual demand for $1000 monitors that are pointless for anything but gaming.

Zero demand, no product. except as a one off its going to be a long long time.

^ Pretty much.

The only real usage for a resolution that large is professional applications like graphic design, and they need very good image quality. Hence, why all the 1440p monitor out there are all IPS panels. By making a 1440p TN monitor, the manufacturer would be missing the point of it, which would only be furthered by making it 120hz which is only useful in gaming. Besides, nothing outside of the most extreme graphics setup would even be able to take advantage of the monitors capability.
You can get uber resolution 120hz if you really want, just run multiple 120hz monitors in a surround setup.

Sharp have released a 4K monitor, but its pretty much just a paper release. Actual amounts stock are extremely limited and are near impossible to get outside of Japan. So its not really available.