Sign in with
Your question

Looking to get a new Motherboard (LGA1155)

Last response: in Motherboards
March 17, 2013 6:54:31 PM

Hello everyone. I am looking to get a new motherboard for my desktop. I currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3. Overall it has been pretty unstable and does not get a very good overclock, which I didn't expect it to being that it is a budget board, but it has been worse than I expected. So I want to upgrade. I do not want to pay more than $160-$180. So far I am considering the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. I am having a hard time though because of all the small differences in motherboards. Here is what I want with some info to help:

Features Needed:
- Able to overclock a Core i5-2500K to 4.6-4.7GHz with a relatively low Vcore.
- mSATA slot if at all possible as I already have an mSATA drive for Intel SRT that I would like to continue using
- USB 3.0 of some sort
- Decent (doesn't have to be fancy) networking because I play a lot of games online (e.g. Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, etc)
- Durable and a decent warranty if possible.
NOTE: I realize the UD5H meets all of these (at least I think) but I have read multiple complaints of it having DPC latency issues in the 300 range. What the heck is a DPC latency issue and do I even need to worry about it?

Preferences:
I prefer to stick to Gigabyte or Asus, but MSi is also ok. I will not buy an ASRock though after reading multiple complaints that the PCB is so thin it feels like it could break just coming out of the box.

Thanks in advance and I will continue doing my own research in the meantime.

More about : motherboard lga1155

a c 81 V Motherboard
March 17, 2013 7:46:57 PM

I don't think there's such problem with the gigabyte board, go with the UD5H, it's a good board with a good amount of power phases and a lot of features(msata, plenty of sata III ports, dual nic(one being intel nic).
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2013 8:05:36 PM

UD5H is good for overclocking and required performance ..
as i know it used to have a stupid issue related to compatibility of some gaming keyboard and mouse ..
you just need to notice it and have the latest solution through some bios update.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2013 8:12:33 PM

Deferred Procedure Call latency is a way in which Windows handles interrupt servicing, it causes audio pops and lag.
Gigabyte might have fixed it in their recent BIOS updates but I'm not completely sure. Also, there's a chance that you might not have that issue. I've seen a ton of UD5H users that have no problems with DPC.

The UD5H is a phenomenal board. Gigabyte always has a quality VRM design, this one is no exception.
March 17, 2013 8:13:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I am going to go ahead and pick it up then. I dug a little deeper and was coming to the conclusion the UD5H is best for my needs. Again thanks!
!