New Build Approvals/Advice Appreciated (Ordering Components Tomorrow)

rTisTik

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
So I have been a creepy lurker on this site for several years now and I finally decided I could make a post and get some help ( usually I just search for days for answers). While nothing is actually wrong with my current setup (AMD 965 BE, 8GB ram, and XFX R6770) its a bit old, worn out and underpowered by todays standards, so I have decided to build a new gaming PC and wanted some approvals. Please let me know what you all think.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: $1700 USD max

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes in the near future

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Would like to go dual monitors soon. I do also to a certain point like the LEDs and shiny stuff. I play Battlefield 3, Diablo 3, the upcoming Marvel Heroes and Sim City

Why Are You Upgrading: I have a bit of extra money and what better to spend it on? Really I just want smoother Gaming

So here is what I have as of right now:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KqF0

-CPU- Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
-CPU Cooler- Cooler Master V8 69.7 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (I like the look of it, i know the Hyper 212 is cheaper and as good if not better)
-Motherboard- Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
-Memory- G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
-Storage- Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
-Video Card- EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (not 100% certain)
-Power Supply- Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
-Optical Drive- Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
-Operating System- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Will I have clearance issues with the ram and CPU cooler?

Still dont know what case to go with what do you all think?I want something with plenty of room and a side window is preferred.

As always your suggestions and input is much appreciated.

Only One

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Looks like a solid build, I would think you would be good with the ASrock Extreme4 mobo to save a bit of cash if you want. As for the memory I have no experience with that cooler so i cant answer that for you, Im sure someone here can though. Also you might want to go with a GTX 670 with more fans but i have heard the blower style ones cool well. And if you are going to stay with a single GPU you can drop power supply to a reputable 600w unit.