How to use partitions?

seriousgamer

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Can someone explain this F drive and tell me how to use D and what is on my D drive (pics)

F has a file that says "Recovery" and under it another file with a Shortcut to "Username" folder

Basically the guy who did work on my computer a couple years ago made a partition out of my 500gb harddrive here are the pics. As you can see my C drive is almost full and the "backup" folder is like almost empty. I don't even know what is on it. I have all my data backed up on the external seagate

How do I make the "empty" partition usable for same things on my C drive (programs, movies, music, etc)

2v142af.jpg

2uzc6t1.jpg

What do you mean, how do you use D? Either copy/move/create files on it or install programs to it instead of filling up your C drive. Normally when you install a program it asks for the install directory. Just choose/create one on D.

F may be a backup of your system but without knowing which software created it, it's probably useless anyhow. If you aren't using those files, just delete them all and reclaim the space.