Nvidia quadro 600 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 for Workstation

muhamedthufail

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi all ,
I bought a new workstation to my office. My GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7850 and i have a Nvidia quadro 600 GPU in another PC. which one is better for architectural visualizations ?

These are the specs of AMD Radeon HD 7850

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/AMD-s-Upcoming-Radeon-HD-7900-GPUs-May-Use-XDR2-Rambus-Memory-3.jpg/

These are the specs of Nvidia quadro 600

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-76491

i want to replace my GPU with the Nvidia if its better than the AMD.

Thanks in advance :)

muhamedthufail,

I have not used either card mentioned. Although I am quite biased towards Quadros for precision, my guess is that if you are concentrating on making 3D architectural visualizations, I believe you will have a somewhat better working experience using the Radeon HD 7850. On the Passmark Performance Test, the 3D scores are much higher than the Quadro 600 in similar machines. The Quadro does quite well in 2D, in graphics design, and will perform it's 3D work at higher anti-aliasing settings, so the Quadro focuses on quality in exchange for speed. So, if you are doing high resolution renderings, the Quadro may well produce better results- though a bit slower when working.

This is a complicated question. As I don't know these cards personally, nor the computer used, nor your programs and use and must rely on testing results, my answer is quite vague. I would be pleased to give you a better prediction if you can say something about the computer the card will be used in > Brand and Model, CPU and speed, amount of RAM and so on, plus the programs you're using and if you are doing a lot of renderings. Also, the file size matters and (I read) that the Quadro 600 is not wonderful with very large, complex files.

I hope others with personal experience of these cards will comment.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

[Dell Precision T5400 , 2X Xeon X5460 @ 3.16GHz, 16GB RAM, Quadro FX 4800, WD RE4, Win 7 Ult 64]