Computer Freezes Briefly for 3-8 seconds, then unfreezes.

theredeemed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys, i build my computer months ago. I believe my build is in my sig. Anyways, every so often (occasionally) my computer would just randomly freeze (everything on screen freezes), then it unfreezes and works perfectly. I haven't changed any of the hardware.

This has only happened when i surf the web.

Sometimes, after it finishes freezing, a single beep noise comes out of my headphones. It's just a brief half second beep.

This may be important: It only freezes when i'm loading a webpage. For example, if i'm scrolling down a website that has already loaded, it won't freeze.

This problem has happened probably a total of 10 times since i built my computer in December 2012.

Can someone please help me identify the problem?

If you guys can't tell my build, please tell me. I will post the most important ones down below just in-case.

i5 3570k (stock)
MSI GTX 660 ti 448 cores
Gigabyte GA-z77-UD3H mobo
Gskill ripjaws 16gb 1600mghz RAM
650watt corsair TX650 PSU
1tb WD caviar black

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Sounds like RAM. Try running with Just one stick, see if it freezes, then try another, and so on and so forth, if any one works alone there's a bad stick of ram in the bunch(I'm assuming with 16 Gb there are 4x4?), try them all till you find which one is faulty. Also could be you have the speed and timings set wrong in BIOS. I would run a FULL scan with your virus software and Malwarebytes to rule a virus out.