Emergency keyboard question! Please HELP

crazypotato

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hello guys, I currently have a cmstorm trigger keyboard.
But I thought that the stiffer shifts are a defect and asked for a replacement.
The only keyboards they got is the cmstorm, corsair and steelseries keyboards. I read bad things about corsair and steelseries. Corsair keyboards have double clicking and steelseries have stuck keys.

So My question is, should I cancel the return order or which keyboard should I take? My Cmstorm trigger has no issues except I dont really like the usb plugin.

Can you give me the ENTIRE list of keyboards that you would recommend and does NOT have any known breaking issues. I dont mind any macro issues as i do not use macros. I would prefer laser etched keys.

some keyboards use different keyswitches for different keys. if certain keys are stiffer (not just shift keys though) this may be the case. if its just the shift keys perhaps keyswitch placement under them affects how easy they are to press so it would be a design issue (if both shifts act the same way).

--

the short list:

das, deck, wasd, ducky and unicomp keyboards.

crazypotato

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

crazypotato

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Sorry wrong reply, I mean is filco in too?

i've heard filco mentioned in the past but dont remember enough about them to place them in my short list of companies. keep in mind the list is my opinion of good companies and others who have experience with or have heard good things from other companies may have a larger list.

personally i was impressed by the startup company wasd. apparently a very well built board with customization options and a competetive price point. this is what i am thinking of purchasing for myself since unicomp is still only 2kro. a unicomp can last 20 years of heavy use though (my ibm model m's were from 1985 and 1990 respectively which i need to now replace)

i would suggest reading some google reviews and amazon product reviews myself.