New MMO laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emelth

Distinguished
1. What is your budget?
$1000-$1500 (can go higher but first lets see what we get in the range)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
doesnt matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
High Settings, WoW, Skyrim (want to try the new online as well)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will be dual boxing multiple accounts so i need some good strong power

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB 7200 will be good enough (debating on getting a SSD as boot)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Sager/Newegg/Cyberpower/Ibuypower/Alienware

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Good quality parts

13. What country do you live in?
USA

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g75vwth72-preorder-p-5374.html?wconfigure=yes

I was personally looking at the G75VW (love the way the exhaust is on the back, love that I can add the blue lights to it as well [is there a way to do it without paying for it], all around it looks sleek and sexy, I have a cooling pad already that will fit it so dont need to worry about that)

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Take a look at the Y580 and the Y500 from Lenovo. The Y500 is on sale for $869 and you can get a 2nd GPU for SLI.

The GTX 675 has a little more power than the GT650m SLI. But for a $500 reduced price you get more bang for your buck.

Emelth

Distinguished
for those prices they are a hell of a deal. The couple things I dont like is they arent 17" (for gaming on MMOs that have lots of buttons you need a bigger screen IMO i currently have a 17" laptop and still wish icould find one bigger), the Y500 doesnt havea CD/DVDROM (dont want to have to deal with an external one). The Y580 has reports of running hot (one guy reviewed it said temps were 90C while just playing GW2)

whyso

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

Wow. I have a y580 and I find it really hard to make the computer break 80C. GW2 ran between 75-78.

Emelth

Distinguished
I'm not trying to put those two laptops down or anything, like i said they are hell of a steal for that price and gaming performance, but I NEED a 17", my current laptop is a 17 inch again and i feel that still its too small for WoW and my addons on how I have it set up for my buttons

shenkty5

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

Quite honestly I think you should avoid cyberpower. I placed an order with them at the start of march and it has yet to be built. The shipping date has come and gone and it is still not even ready yet.

You could try somewhere like AVA Direct or SagerNotebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.