Energy boom in the U.S.

And they said we couldnt drill ourselves out of the energy problem...
Well, weve just been given more time, and as time goes on more time, and as time goes on....

I can show huge luists of fools whove said the numbers arent going up, our caoacity has hit the tipping point, all the usual BS, all coming from one POV.
Wheres the "experts" now?
When will the snow and cold stop coming, I want me some climate change

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Utilization of technology has lead to the increase of production, drilling more will only help for so long by the way. Freeing ourselves of dependence on foreign oil and gas will require us eventually finding other sources of energy. Funny how smart that all of the above option seems right now.

Its the being lied to that annoys me.
Global this, peak that, all lies.

To make this your livelihood, or your campaign speech, then those that report this act as if theyre surprised, like how can this be?
Werent we told we had reached the tipping point?
Werent we also not told we couldnt do this, at all?
Didnt the lemmings all follow and believe?
I was sooo tired of hearing it from the same people over and over again.
And in discussions against everyone, where most if not to a man, all conceded that we do need alternatives.
Take the MSM, the leaders (ALGORE prime example) and shove them down the next wellhead AFAIC.
Like we all thought it would last forever, and this idea of alternative fuels was owned by a few, and oil/gas was wrong headed thinking, backing it up with numbers showing tipping points, declines, defending lousy government ventures that only showed how poor the government understands business, business models and the carefree attitudes about spending someone elses monies.

I could rant about all the wasted hype about nothing here alot more, but this isnt my first turn on a round wheel.
I remember when wed never be able to feed everyone.
When global warming was a straight shot to heat, no long winters, no tons of snow.
I remember when we were heading into a new ice age.
Problem is, when over half the country believe this tripe, we are in trouble, and not whats being espoused either.
Back in the day, it was something to ponder, today, its a way to get elected and financed and a vocation.
My how the ignorant have grown

I'm all for taking advantage off our natural resources and continuing to develop alternative energy sources. No reason NOT to use domestic natural gas and oil to it's fullest advantage, to become energy independent. There is NO reason to NOT develop alternative sources while we move towards energy independence.

I still solar has the greatest potential.

I read an article where America's announcement of the plethora of natural gas and oil has Russia upset as it was setting itself up with Iran to make a push for the NG and oil world markets. There was also a mention of Russia's side deals with Iran, China, India, and Saudi Arabia to replace using the American dollar for oil purchases, which would threaten the Dollar as the world backing currency. In this context, energy independence is also a foreign policy and national security issue.

riser

Illustrious
Fracking has greatly increased our energy reserves. I think it was only a few years ago where very little oil was being generated from it. Today, it is very, very large and that has helped our energy indepdence.
Consequences to come I'm sure, but like anything else, we'll learn after something happens. Dust Bowl anyone? :)