AMD Releases Catalyst 13.3 Beta 2 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince_david

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]uh oh improved sim city performance because its so graphically intense[/citation]
Do they mean Sim City 5? I remember Sim City 4 was graphically intense when it first came out but that was years ago. I am assuming they mean the new sim city game.

G

[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]hmm, might have to put this on, just to help my 7950 keep up the FPS in FC3. . .[/citation]

I don't know about that game. After killing some deer and a pig, I can't really take it anymore.

G

Yes! Now I get over 9000 FPS in SC4. Thank you for the long awaited update. :p

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Wonder if that wrong listing of SimCity 4 is a intentional jab.

[citation][nom]vmem[/nom]hmm, might need this for tomb raider. my 7970 runs tressFX fine, but the occasional corruption where Lara becomes bald is annoying lol[/citation]

With the camera positions in that game focused so much on other parts of her it's amazing you even noticed.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]prince_david[/nom]Do they mean Sim City 5? I remember Sim City 4 was graphically intense when it first came out but that was years ago. I am assuming they mean the new sim city game.[/citation]

I hope they mean SimCity 4. 5 plays fine on my computer. Anyone with an ATi card starting with the first HD line knows that SimCity 4 never worked right when trying to play fullscreen 32bit color. Maxis pointed fingers at ATi, and Ati pointed fingers at Maxis and the problem was never fixed.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]vmem[/nom]hmm, might need this for tomb raider. my 7970 runs tressFX fine, but the occasional corruption where Lara becomes bald is annoying lol[/citation]

It is because she does too much " Render, Rinse, Repeat" :D

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]Planetside 2 performance boosts PLEASE...[/citation]
That's absolutely on Sony's side, dude.
I mean, 7970 dropping bellow 30 fps? on a regular-class-graphics title? that's bullshit.
They need to improve the coding from their end, im sure it has little to do with what AMD can do. Besides, PS2 is holding hands with nvidia now, so fat chance

Status
Not open for further replies.