Motherboard Problem possibly

snipe0876

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hi guys im stuck as to solving a problem that has recently hit me ive been getting low fps on games and stuttering and when i started up the pc the mouse wouldnt work and so on. So as most do i stress tested the system checked ram, processor, graphics and came to the conclusion the cards i had were starting to die so i changed them for a asus 680.

Now when i installed it everything seemed to be great but im still getting low fps in games, benchmarks and stuttering ive checked everything again but i cant figure it out. The only possible thing left i can say is that it is the motherboard unfortunately i cant check it unless you guys know of a way.

system is
i7 950
asus p6t ws pro
24gb corsair ram tri channel
asus 680 direct cu 2
1000 watt enermax
corsair obsidian 800d

darkokills

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Have you checked the manufacturers website for an updated bios? Also You may want to reset the bios as corrupted settings can cause some of the issues you explained. Try powering the system down and pull the mobo battery out. Then hold the power button for 30 sec. to drain any remaining power/static. Put the battery back in and make sure to reset the settings you may need (drive order, boot priorty Etc.) If that doesn't work I would try flashing the bios. Also you may want to use driver sweeper from guru3d. com and clean out the old video card drivers. If all of that fails back up your data and do a fresh OS install. After all is said and done and it works then you will be good to go, if not it could be the new card is faulty or something else is going out which could be the mobo but also could be anything else. If your not getting a bsod right now i doubt it is the mobo though. let us know how the troubleshooting goes or if you need anything else!

snipe0876

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
flashed bios didnt help but as it would seem the good old format fixed all the prob amazing how its the silly things