Lenovo Announces the Thinkpad T431s Ultrabook

Status
Not open for further replies.

iostcat

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
"However, perfection cannot be achieved without a key ingredient: customer insight,"

How about listen to your customer and fix the fan noise issue Lenovo!
There have threads in your support forum that is a mile long and yet you keep on ignoring the issue!

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]$949 seems to be a good price, and it looks like a decent laptop. If they don't overcharge for an SSD, might be a good buy.[/citation]LOL better off to add it in yourself. I'm sure a 128GB SSD will run $200 and 256GB will be around $300. RAM upgrades also will run up to ridiculous prices. I hate how pre-built charge crazy premium prices for minor upgrades such as RAM and SSD.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
extensive global research project

If you mean "remove important features and functionality to pointlessly chase after Apple", then sure.

No physical buttons on the machine (for the TrackPoint or touchpad), no indicator lights (Caps Lock chief among them), and that crappy chiclet keyboard they tout as an "advancement" while having less keys and a weird layout.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]consumedsoul[/nom]Agree... now I'm torn between this and the Carbon X1.[/citation]
I'd get this. It's slightly thicker, but it'll probably be a bit cheaper (the carbon has been selling below MSRP on lenovo's site for a while now, for instance), has ethernet, and is actually upgradable. (with the carbon, you can upgrade NOTHING - the RAM is soldered, and the SSD is proprietary... not what I'd want to be dealing with a few years down the road...) Buy it with the stock config, chuck an SSD in, maybe some more RAM, and you've got a nice machine on your hands. I'm seriously tempted to buy one of these.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
They messed up the keyboard a year ago... its still one of the better keyboards out there thou. I do welcome the backlighting... but I wished they kept the previous serious keyboard layout with the fat ESC and fat DELETE keys.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
This isn't much different from their normal T4xxs series notebooks. And compared to their regular T4 series, only about .5" thicker and $300~400 cheaper. Better cooling, less noise, easier to repair, more ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.