Acer Asus T180-GB7Z upgrade

benlfc

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2013
I have an Acer Asus T180-GB7Z i wanted to upgrade it. I was looking at a motherboard, processor and ram buddle on amazon. Where you get AMD bulldozer fx-4100 processor, ASUS M5A78L-M motherboard and 8gb DDR3 ram. how can i find out if this will fit the case i have. Also could any one tell me if this is worth the money £177 or could i buy better parts. Thanks for any help you can give me. Ben

Most manufacturers (Acer included) bundle their systems with Micro-ATX motherboards.

The bundle that you are looking at is also Micro-ATX so it should fit with no problem.

As a bundle that is a pretty good deal, and you can always upgrade your CPU later if needed.

benlfc

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2013
Thank you for the help and the quick reply. One more thing how would I get to the ports as they are different to the motherboard I currently have. Hope that makes sense to you

benlfc

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2013
Sorry about asking even more questions been looking into it more and have saw people say about upgrading their power input would I need to do this? Also would I need to upgrade my video or graphics card (not sure if it has them don't know to much about the workings) as I would like to be able to play some games (not the newest games out things like football manager, LOTR battle for middle earth 2)

benlfc

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2013
I think is an nvidia geforce 6100 nforce 405 that is what come up under display when i went run an typed "dxdiag". I did want to upgrade the hard drive to a 2TB one would that affect the power that i need?

You should probably upgrade your graphics card as well. Even a newer low end card will perform a whole lot better than what you have.

The 2TB drive shouldn't affect power too much.

If you wanted to get a 450W PSU it shouldn't put you back too far, and you will have enough for everything.