Can I play Crysis 3? Please help!

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
My laptop is capable of playing Team fortress 2 and Portal 2 at maximum graphic settings. I was wondering if it could play Crysis 3. I am aware that I will not be able to play it on "Very high" or "Extreme", but will I be able to play it on medium?
Here are my XPS 17's specifications:

6GB ram
Intel i5-2450m processor
Nvidia GT555m 3GB
Over 200GB of free space on my hard drive

I will be playing the game at 1080p on a 22 inch monitor.
Please tell me if I can play the game and if so at which settings.

From Tom [:fuzzytom]

P.S I have never played any Crysis games, is that an issue??

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
"Double post"???
Anyway, could I play it on lowest settings at 1080p? I heard the game still looks good at even the worst settings.

"double post" meaning I accidently posted the same reply twice.

Yes, you should be able to do that fine :)

Your other option would be to lower the resolution and turn the quality up. Play with both options and see which looks nicer to you :)

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Thanks for the reply!
If nobody says I can't play it, then I will go out and buy it probably at the end of the week.

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Actually, they seem to be pretty much the same.
The 6770M is better at crysis 2 but the 555m is better at battlefield 3

mustangman801

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm a big fan of the Crysis series. Playing any of the previous games is not a requirement since there is a 5 minute video that will catch you up on the story. Though I would suggest playing them since they're great games.

As for performance it's hard for me to gauge how it might run on your machine. I have a secondary computer which I use to play games sometimes, it's nothing special. Pentium Dual Core at 3.2 based on Core 2 architecture and a GT 545 DDR3 version. While the processor is no where close to an i5 and even though the video card is DDR3 it has the same number of cuda cores as yours. I'll be honest it struggles a bit with Crysis 3. Even at it's lowest settings the game is still demanding. That said I believe with your setup it will be playable. As someone else mentioned you might have to lower the resolution, I wouldn't be able to say for sure but know it's a possibility.

Ultimately I think it will work, so I'd say go for it. If you're interested in trying Crysis I'd recommend getting the second one first and see how that runs. You should be able to find it for less and it will provide a good idea of what your machine can do. If you can run that one on medium to high settings the third one should run on low without issue. Make sure you get the Maximum edition of Crysis 2, it already has the DX11 and texture pack included. If you get the regular version you can download those patches from the mycrysis website. The end result is the same, just a bit more work.

Hope this helps.

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Since 3 people have said that I'll probably be able to run it, I'm going to get the game.
Thank you mustangman801, itzdanielp and thdarkshadow :D

fuzzytom

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Turns out, I get an average of 42 fps on low! I can play it!
I recommend the game for everyone with computers that are the same as mine or better.