how come my pc freezes alot and crashes a lot

fluxworld

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Well i built my pc about 2 months ago and its always been freezing randomly when i have applications open or watching videos or playing games any advice?

here are my specs
A10-5800k cpu i usally have it overclocked because it seems to crash less when its overclockked

Asus F85m-pro mother board

2x4 gig crucial ballistix sport 1600 ram

600wat psu

120gb ssd samsung 840 series

1tb seagate hdd
asus dvd rom
cooler master 932 haf case

hd 6670 his radeon discrete gpu for cross fire
and a wifi adapter

23 inch asus monitor

212 hyper evo heat sink and it keeps the cpu pretty cool i never go over 40 degrees celcius

Inland key board

windows 7 home preminum

it all came to about 900 dollars and i wish i knew why it keeps freezing and crashing with that blue screen

Dhamilton

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
You need to run a diagnostic tests on your RAM and CPU to ensure stability before going any further.
Passmark MemTest86 for the ram
IntelBurnTest will do for the processor ( Yes it works on AMD)

Lots of documentation available for both with google search. Just note that you have to run memtest from a bootable device before windows loads.

Could also try with a different PSU ( not sure of the brand you are using)

Cold_War

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I suggest using Task Manager to see whats using your CPU and memory and highly suggest using Malwarebytes and the TDSSKiller from Kaspersky to check that there aren't any viruses on your PC.

Cold_War

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Plus, do check what brand your PSU is as well. If this is an unreliable brand or cheap PSU it is probably running really badly!

fluxworld

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
i ran the intel test thing and my pc froze so i reset my pc :eek: was a supposed to reset my pc? or was i supposed to wait or somthing

TRENDING THREADS