can i switch the fan on stock amd cooler?

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
hello there everyone. i have a question, i have athlon 2 x4 640 with stock amd heatsink and fan. i was curious to see if could switch out the stock fan for red led fan of any brand really as long as it fits. does any one know the demension's of the stock fan? i believe it's a 80mm. would like to keep stock cooler, temps are fine and i'm not very hardcore using overclocking and maxing out cpu much, just wanna switch the fan. thank you so much everybody.

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
A heatsink is very hard to find a heatsink that is LED, and remember the fan size never really matters with heatsinks, now if you wanted to make things look cool, I suggest LED case fans, a watercooler (custom) (be carefull) and line the tubing with sleeveing and add lighting to the case but there no point in going for that if ur doing it just for looks, whereas if you did it for looks and O.C... now thats different... AMD heatsinks are fairly average in size to other AMD cpus, but I suggest that this is just something thats most likely not possible.. Just looked, and i couldnt find anything.