Sign in with
Your question

Need help choosing between three different GTX 660's.

Tags:
  • Gtx
  • Gaming
  • Intel i5
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 18, 2013 12:23:55 PM

Well, I'm planning on building my first gaming pc. So far, I have an Intel i5 3570k, 750W, 1TB, and other parts that are irrelevant. But now I'm at the GPU and I have decided to I with a GTX 660. These are the 3 models I have come down to:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

More about : choosing gtx 660

a b 4 Gaming
March 18, 2013 7:32:59 PM

Well I've had 3 Gigabyte GPU's and all have run flawlessly. I thought I was having an issue with 1 and gigabyte was easy to reach and work with on the phone and I got an RMA quickly. Then I tried my old gtx265 in place of the 460 and found out it wasnt the 460 after all. It was my monitor flakiung out. Rma never used; but it was nice to see how good they were with support first hand. My next card will be a gigabyte again.
March 18, 2013 7:46:36 PM

Thank you! This actually really helped me out a lot because according to newegg, their specs are exactly the same, except for dimensions of course. So it really comes down to the reliability with the company. From your expeirence, you said Gigabyte was grey with customer support which is good to know in case I get a defective. Also, the Gigabyte is even cheaper than the MSI. Thanks'
!