Computer losing power in middle of gaming

PrimeAlpha

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Just built this computer and has been running fine until yesterday. Shutdown like I lost power to the house while playing WoW. Just a click and everything went black, I had to look up to make sure the lights were still on as I thought I blew a fuse.... Started Computer up again and ran fine for another 3 hours playing WoW and then click off. Turned it back on and runs fine again....Could it be my power supply is not adequate?

ComputerCase: Ultra Rogue M950
MoBo: Asus P9X79
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) Ram
CPU cooler: CoolerMaster HyperEVO 212,
PSU: a750watt PSU
CPU: i7 3820
Graphics: 2 GTX 670 ti (in SLI).
Monitor: 24in Samsung
Mouse: Razer Naga
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Keyboard.

Thanks!

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
a 750w psu? is there a brand name on that, if its a cheap generic power supply it most likely is the cause but a good brand 750w psu is fine for your system

static1120

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
was about to jump and say I have never heard of Kingwin it must be a cheap PSU but after googleing I found out it is a quality powersupply so maybe its just failing?

PrimeAlpha

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
I just built this machine less then a month ago and it only happens when I am playing a game. Very frustrating. I am getting a Kernel Error in the event log when it happens (41) and I am monitoring the temps with the Asus mobo software and nothing is triggering any alarms.

So if it is the PSU how can I tell without having to just buy another one?

Anyone know of any tests or anything I can run to see what is going on?