Major custom watercooled overclocked 3k build advice

AwesomePants

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hey,
I am looking into this build, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Kzfb . Ignore that "incompatibility" it is compatible it says it on G.skill website. I am fairly nooby when it comes to watercooling, but I want to do major overclocking, I mean major! Please DO NOT go over $3600. I prefer for it to be at $3500. I am going to overclock my RAM, CPU, GPU. I probably will need to cool my mobo too. I really know nothing about water cooling, so can you guys tell me EXACTLY what to get and where to get it :D Thanks for the help! :D

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

If you have read the sticky, you'll have an idea already of what you need to get. We won't recommend specific parts for WC in the same way we would for a PC build...that's up to you. Once you have a WC build put together, feel free to post it and we'll give you our thoughts.

The reason for this is that putting a WC loop together is more hands-on than a PC build, and it's essential that the builder knows what they're doing before they start putting together kit to pipe water around their system.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
If you post the parts you're thinking of getting, we can give you some pointers. When putting it together, follow the instructions in the sticky and take your time. When you leak test, you'll be jumping your PSU so nothing will be powered apart from the pump...any leak won't damage your kit, provided it's thoroughly dried before being used.

If you're very worried about it, then don't do it...it is fun, but not if you're so worried you're not enjoying it. Plenty of other ways to cool your kit.