Replacing an Antenna

esenfur

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hey there guys.

Recently bought the Asus P8Z77-V Pro mother-board because of the useful on board wireless features.

After having it all set up and tidy, mum was looking and wondered how the antenna worked.
I went to pull out the connector as I always have, and straight up ripped the fucking cable out. -.-

My connection has dropped by half and obviously i need to replace this.

TL;DR: Where can i get one of these, not at the $12 price from asus store, inside the uk/eu?

large_5120_14007-00410000-L.jpg

Yes- that connector is fucking tiny! My fat fingers had such a struggle with it.

I've tried asking on their forum nothing. I've done stupid amounts of Google/Amazon searches too, only able to find Asus US store who don't ship to UK.. and yes i did look on the Asus UK store, surprisingly half the stock isn't advertised.

If anyone can help, Id appreciate it!!

esenfur

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for your links, but two of those are used, one also with the wifi go card which i dont need, and some 1 of them dont ship outside the UK!

The one which is new (black cable at £7.99) looks different, on the second link provided. Not only the cable colour is different but the connector too. Can anyone verify this?

nigelthedog

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Same thing has happened to me, I'm having a really hard time finding one!
If anyone knows the name and size of the connector that'd be a big help as well!

patrain

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013

I did the exact same. Is there a way to RMA just this part?