no luck with bios update tools.

tomvtx1300c

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
for the longest time I have tried to update my mobo bios via asus update, exupdate and the asus Flash 2 from within the bios. my board is p8z77- pro / thunderbolt on windows 8 pro 64. tried the latest version and the previous one and none of the ways I tried worked. one error I get when trying he asus update tool is
"the model of the bios image doesn't match the bios rom currently present"
I googled that and all the recommendations I found didn't work.
current bios version is 1504.

tomvtx1300c

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

no I have not renamed the file. I did read something about doing that but with my newbieness and my tiredness I didn't understand how to do that in a way that I would not be worried about bricking my computer. I am going to get another flash key to store current bios in case I need to flash back the bios.
it does run a bit bumpy from time to time. the other day it kept resetting on its own. some errors with Photoshop cs6 and the quad 4000 video card. I did have the computer set to energy saver mode in its bios and now wondering if that puts the computer to sleep faster or effects it in other ways. there are other things I could update on from the asus web site and I hope tonight to have some time to start doing those and hope the computer smooth's out.

tomvtx1300c

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

I don't think heat is a problem I am using the coolermaster stormtrooper with all 4 fans on full all the time and every time I check the temp using the Asus tool everything looks good.
video card is the NVidia quad 4000 and power supply is the Consair AX760i