New PC Problems with Sleep

8ballslackz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys,

So my PC has recently developed a problem entering/exiting sleep mode. I was having a problem with it waking itself up out of nowhere (which I discovered was the Ethernet controller) and fixed that issue. Now my PC (about half the time) doesn't want to either enter sleep or return from sleep. I have to resort to pressing the power/reset button to get it to do what I want. Also (not sure if this is related), but when I do use the power/reset button, my PC resets to the BIOS, and then I get the "Windows didn't shut down properly" screen.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

EDIT: More info! Yesterday morning I booted up my computer (not from sleep mode), then put it into sleep mode before I went to work. Came home, woke up no problems, then when I went to put it back to sleep, it wouldn't. The monitor turned off and it said "No Signal," but the fans/lights remained on. On top of that, the computer WOULDN'T "wake up" by pressing the power button.

I'm slightly afraid I'm damaging the OS by constantly having to reset my PC.

8ballslackz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Any ideas whatsoever? I haven't had the chance to check out any settings in my BIOS, but I don't remember seeing anything about sleep mode in there. :-\

8ballslackz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
CPU: i5-3570k
GPU: HD 7950
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

All drivers are current. Hope that helps somewhat. I know there are things that I can change in my BIOS, but I'm not sure what.

8ballslackz

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
More updates! Tried to put my PC to sleep today, and after 5 minutes, it seemed to do just that. Went to wake it up, and discovered that it had shut down "unexpectedly." Booted up and saw that there was a BlueScreen error that caused the computer to shut down. I have yet to find ANYTHING that really helps, and I really, really don't want to have to re-install my OS. This computer is less than three weeks old.