Replace/Optional Fans for Corsair 800D

EightFluidOz

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Just pulled the trigger on a 800D deal and now i'm trying to figure out how to cool it. I've thought about replacing some of the 140mm fans that come with the case and then adding a couple of 120mms along the top. At this point i'm just super confused about what fans would be good to use and in what orientation I should put them.

At this point the case is just gonna sit empty for a while until I see some good deals on different components. It pains me to see such a beautiful case but it's what I gotta do. When I do start throwing things in I'd definitely be interested in a Corsair H50 or H100 to water cool the CPU. Might be a little overkill for how I'm gonna work the CPU but I think it looks cool.

So, any suggestions on fans to use? I'm extremely noobish at this so please be as descriptive as possible. And thank you. :)

EightFluidOz

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012

As of now I don't have anything other than the case. When I do get everything I imagine it'll probably look something like this.
i7 3770K
GTX 670
etc...
I would like to overclock the i7 a bit. That'll take another 6 hours of research I assume. Caring this much about the cooling for the components I realize is most likely overkill, for some reason I just feel the need to get the best fans for the case. Those fans you linked look pretty good. I assume set them up as exhaust out the top?

Shockeray

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
Kindof, I would do the two toward the front of the case as intake, and then after the air passes past your CPU have the other two exhaust. But it really depends on how you want the air to flow.

And as for the liquid cooling, it really has no advantage over air. I would use one of these two...

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

Get this one if you need serious cooling...
Noctua NH-D14